Clinical Working Party
Clinical WP - Newsletter December 2017
by Andrew Gennery
Clinical Working Party Updates
The Clinical Working Party met at ESID 2017 – a number of topics were discussed.
Specifically we discussed the clinical guidelines which are currently being written (see below for details of writing leads for these guidelines).
We plan to publish these as ESID and ERN-RITA endorsed guidelines, and to have them available on the ESID website.
- Consensus statement on diagnosis and management of GLILD in CVID ( Klaus Warnatz)
- Malignancy in PID - workshop (with IEWP + iBMF) ( Andy Gennery)
- Complement Disorders ( Stephen Jolles)
Additional upcoming topics include:
Vaccination of the immunocompromised
Please contact Andy Gennery if you wish to lead on these. Please contact the topic leads if you wish to be involved in writing current guidelines.
We would like to start an ESID Library of clinical images, freely available to all ESID members for use in teaching and publications – please contact Andy Gennery if you would like to lead on this project.
The Clinical Working Party Steering Committee
- Dr. Andy Gennery – UK (Chair)
- Dr. Stephen Jolles – UK (Secretary)
- Professor Raffaele Badolato – Italy
- Professor Klaus Warnatz - Germany
- Dr. Fabian Hauck - Germany
- Professor Anna Sediva –Czech Republic
- Professor Carlo Agostini – Italy
- Dr. Despina Moshous - France
- Professor Ewa Bernatowska - Poland
- Professor Tadej Avcin - Slovenia
- Dr. Siobhan Burns – UK
- Professor Pere Soler Palacin - Spain
- Dr. Filomeen Haerynck – Belgium
- Professor Luigi Notarangelo – (CIS representative)
- Professor Antonio Condino – (LASID representative)
- Mrs Jose Drabwell – (IPOPI representative)
- Ms Carla Duff – (INGID representative)
How to participate
The clinical WP meets during the biennial ESID meetings. Any ESID member clinician can participate and propose trials to the Chair of the clinical WP to be placed on the ESID website. Additionally, we will be running stand alone focused meetings to further the aims of the CWP and ESID.