Education Working Party
ESID 2023 Juniors Bridge Grant - Applications Open
Aim of the grant:
ESID wants to invest in the future of researchers and clinicians committed to PIDs. Therefore ESID Bridge Grants aim to allow trainees working on PIDs to continue their activity in the field of PID in their institution or another institution during short periods of time until they can find other financial sources, thus avoiding the interruption of their training process.
- Funding: 1500€/month during a maximum of 6 months.
- Schedule (calls): Spring Deadline: April 24, 2023. Fall Deadline: October 23, 2023
- Be an ESID Junior Member
- Be accepted by the current institution or another institution for the proposed training goals on projects directly related to PIDs research (arrangements must be made by the applicant)
Applicants with other funding sources will be excluded from the selection process.
The application should include:
- Application form - please download the form here .
- Curriculum Vitae with special highlight on list of publications/meeting communications of PID
- Letter of support from the applicant’s head of department or supervisor. Please, note that a head of department or supervisor can provide a letter of support only to 1 candidate.
Please, send your applications in PDF format to .
Selected applicants will sign an agreement document prior to receiving the first payment, accepting the following terms:
- Submission of ESID End of Fellowship report within 3 months after the end of the programme. Please, download the report template here .
- Inclusion of ESID as a funding source in publications derived from the studies on the granted projects.
- Agreement that, should the successful applicant accept a non-ESID funded position during this period, any remaining funds will be returned to ESID.